- Permanently Protect the Berryessa Snow Mountain Region: Tuleyome is working on a proposal to designate the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Conservation Area (BSM NCA). The exact size and area are yet to be determined. However, our vision encompasses potentially as much as 500,000 acres - a largely undeveloped and diverse mosaic of public land.
Land Stewardship Projects
- Bear Creek Unit: On the BLM Bear Creek Unit, Tuleyome is working with the BLM and other stakeholder groups to develop a management plan for the unit.
- Cache Creek Weed Eradication: With Tuleyome's success in preserving Cache Creek as a Wild & Scenic River, we've now switched to conservation, specifically to the control of invasive Tamarisk and Arundo. We'll be using volunteer kayak crews to float down the river, removing these invasive species as we go. We're always looking for more help, so please join us!
- Global Warming/Climate Change: All of Tuleyome's work protecting the wild and agricultural heritage of the Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valleywon't matter if large-scale climate change destroys the regional ecosystem. For that reason (among others) Tuleyome is joining the world-wide challenge to reduce humanity's impact on the climate.
- Friends of the Cache Creek and Cedar Roughs Wilderness: More information to be coming soon
- Mercury Mine Cleanup: More information to be coming soon
- One Farm at a Time: More information to be coming soon
- Walker Ridge: More information to be coming soon
- Tuleyome Trails(YoloHiker): One of Tuleyome's most successful programs, the Tuleyome Trails, previously known as YoloHiker and the Capay Valley Hiking Club, has been providing guided outings to the backcountry of the Putah and Cache Creek Watersheds since 1999. We also participate in trail building and trail maintenance. Why not become a Tuleyome Hiker yourself!
- Youth Program: Tuleyome works to get youth outdoors with our Youth Outdoor Exploration Program and Nature’s Theater.
- Cold Canyon: More information coming soon
- Goat Mountain: More information Coming Soon
- Ireland Ranch: Tuleyome is developing a management plan for the recently purchased Ireland Ranch, including docent-led hikes of the ranch, access to the Berryessa Peak Wilderness Area for scientific research, as well as recreational, agricultural and cultural studies.